Tiger Lily Cowl - Free Pattern!
Tiger Lily Cowl
Christina S. Wilkins
• Approximately 216 yards of worsted weight yarn (Malabrigo Merino in Tiger Lily shown)
• 4.5 or 5.5 mm needles or size needed to obtain gauge for size desired
• Stitch makers
• Medium: After blocking, 20 inches around and 10 inches tall
• Large (shown): After blocking, 24 inches around and 11 inches tall
• Medium: 24 sts/4 inches, after washing
• Large (shown): 20 sts/4 inches, after washing
This generously sized cowl is knit from the top down using circular needles.
The stitch pattern is comprised of 20 stitches. There are 6 repeats of the stitch pattern in each round. It is recommended to place a stitch marker to mark the beginning of the round, as well as markers between each of the pattern repeats.
Cast on 120 stitches, join in the round, and knit for one round. Begin Tiger Lily pattern.
Round 1: k6, k2tog, k2, yo, k1, yo, k2, ssk, k5
Round 2: k5, k2tog, k2, yo, k3, yo, k2, ssk, k4
Round 3: k4, k2tog, k2, yo, k5, yo, k2, ssk, k3
Round 4: k3, k2tog, k2, yo, k7, yo, k2, ssk, k2
Round 5: k1, yo, k2, ssk, k11, k2tog, k2, yo
Round 6: k2, yo, k2, ssk, k9, k2tog, k2, yo, k1
Round 7: k3, yo, k2, ssk, k7, k2tog, k2, yo, k2
Round 8: k4, yo, k2, ssk, k5, k2tog, k2, yo, k3
After completing 6 repeats of Tiger Lily pattern: purl 1 round, knit one round, purl one round, *yo, k2tog* for another round, purl one round, knit one round, purl one round, and cast-off using elastic bind-off, knit-wise method. Weave in loose ends, soak, block, and enjoy!
• CO = cast on
• Elastic bind-off, knit-wise: Knit 2 stitches, insert left needle through the front loops of those 2 stitches while they are on the right hand needle and knit them together, *knit 1 stitch, then insert left needle through the front loops of the first 2 stitches on the right needle and knit them together* continue until desired number of stitches have been bound off
• k2tog = knit 2 stitches together as one (1 stitch is decreased)
• ssk = slip 1 stitch knit-wise, slip a second stitch knit-wise, then knit those 2 stitches together through the back loop
• st(s) = stitch(es)
• yo = yarn over
Tiger Lily Cowl is also in .pdf format and can be downloaded free from Raverly here.
Tiger Lily Cowl 09.17.2010 v.1.0 Copyright@2010 Christina S. Wilkins. This material may not be reprinted without the permission of the author; this pattern may not be used to produce items for commercial purposes. For reprint information or technical assistance, please contact: ladywilkins[at]gmail[dot]com.