Talk about impulse buys...

What was I thinking?

I remember thinking that my granddaughter would really like something made out of this soft, fuzzy yarn. It calls for size 10.5 needles. Guaranteed to be a really fast knit. (Famous last words?)


Now, I do LOVE all my Boye Balene II dpns. They are quiet, warm, and a wee bit flexible.
But the lady at the yarn shop showed me one last pair of size 10.5 needles that were actually the original Balene needles! Which they don't make anymore...

I must have had a weak moment and could not resist some very subtle expert salesmanship...

Comments

Feisty said…
Too funny, Lolly!

What *was* the novelty yarn to become?

; )
Lolly said…
A scarf. I think I'll finish it. The yarn's not too hard to work with. It's those 14 inch needles. I may have to switch to circulars.
Monica said…
I did the same thing! I bought some fun fur and I later realized it is almost impossible to knit with! I happened to have some of that kind of scratchy red heart yarn so I'm currently knitting them together to make myself a scarf after years of the fun fur sitting around in my closet! It is coming out great!

Popular Posts