Friday, September 9, 2011

Cavalcade of FOs!

For the uninitiated, FO = Finished Object!   An elusive object for most of us!

This sweater was actually finished several months ago, but I never took proper pictures of it.  I have worn it a half a dozen times, so far.  The sleeves appear long here, but I cuff them and they are perfect!


Pattern:  Ribbed Diamond Pullover
Yarn:  The pattern called for Aran weight; however, I have this thing about doubling up strands, so I used two strands of fingering weight yarn:  Miss Babs Yummy in Black Cherry Monochrome and Zitron Trekking #147.


The loft and texture of the two strands of fingering weight are wonderfully cushy and warm.  Together they knit up to a perfect worsted/aran weight.  This is one of my all time favorite sweaters!

After I finished the Twisted Me sweater last weekend, I cast on for a man's vest.


Pattern: Nathan.  (Bonus!  It is a free pattern.)
Yarn:  Queensland Collection Kathmandu in Sailor

Four days later, it was finished!  Yeah, it surprised me, too.  I thought I needed one more skein of yarn (and it is being shipped...)


It is hard to make out the details, but it is a simple stockinette body knit in-the-round to the arm holes, then the back and front are knit separately flat.  The yarn is Aran weight, and knits up FAST!  It is a combination of wool and silk with a touch of cashmere.  Very Nice!  The husband promised to model it this weekend, before I wrap it up and send it on to its real owner.

Finally, a year and a half ago, I designed a sweet little cowl for one of Woolgirl's kits.  She called it the Hello Cupcake Cowl.


I called it the Fountain Cowl.



Originally, it came it two sizes, the pink is slightly smaller than the blue.

Well, in preparing to release the design to the public, I decided to offer it in two fingering weight sizes (as seen above), as well as a nice worsted weight size.



Pattern:  Fountain Cowl (soon to be released)
Yarn:  Pink (Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Pale Pink), Blue (Yarn Daze Water Colors in Fountain), Green (Malabrigo Merino in Verde Esperanza)

While not yet a full fledged FO, I had to sneak in my current WIP (Work-In-Progress).


Pattern: Ayana
Yarn:  Madelinetosh Tosh DK (one of my favorite yarns on earth!) in Cove

All that remains are the sleeves, and one of them is 75% complete.  I am hoping to have this one done by the end of the weekend.

Football season means copious amounts of knitting time!

Are you ready for some football?!

2 comments:

Lolly said...

Finishing objects isn't half as hard as photographing and posting them! You do a wonderful job of it.

Feisty said...

Thank you, Lolly!

You do a much better job at photography than I do!

; )