Sleeves, please!

On Christmas Eve, I was feeling a little jolly and more than a little selfish, so, I cast on a sweater for me.

By New Year's, I had the body of a sweater soaked, blocked, and seamed!


Pattern:  Improvised
Yarn:  Classic Elite Waterlily in Lily Pad


Classic Elite's Waterlily yarn is a delight!

The colors are gorgeous with a hand-dyed semi-solid effect.

See:


Left to right:  Blueberry 1924, Azalea 1925, Lily Pad 1972 (green on top), Wedgewood 1957, and Bramble 1927.

It knits up to a true Aran weight, which means almost immediate gratification.


Unfortunately, this sweater has remained unfinished since then.  All she requires are a pair of sleeves and neck edging.

She even fits!

Because I have kind of made up a simple pullover design, my plan was to pick up stitches on the armholes and create after-thought sleeves with short-row shaping for the sleeve caps.  I have done it before, and it is easy, I have just not been in the mood for sleeves.  Even though, it is cold outside, and I would really, really enjoy wearing a new sweater...

Startitis has consumed me.

Comments

Lolly said…
That's a really beautiful green!

Popular Posts