Mirabilia's "The Dreamer" is a pattern I have had in my queue for almost 20 years. It was released in 1994. At a knitting crossroads, I decided to pick it up. For a couple of weeks I was lost to its heady spell. Then, I realized, cross stitch takes a long dang time to complete. So, I dropped her like a scalding hot rock, and cast on for a new sweater!
Stellar has been in my queue for a while, too!
I had originally intended to knit her in Blue Moon Fiber Arts Twisted in Sunstone:
After pouring over the old queue, I finally paired the yarn to the perfect project with just one little wrinkle: According to the pattern, I may be a few yards short.
Fortunately, the pattern is written from the top down. As my first priority was getting the length in the body I wanted, I cast on for the attached collar first. The body was next, and I am now at the point where I can separate for the sleeves. The plan is to knit the body to the appropriate length, then attach the collar and trim the front edges with applied I-cord. Once all that is complete, I will weigh my remaining yarn and divide by two and see how far I can go with the sleeves.
Here are the two pieces for the collar, which is knit in a lovely textured pattern.
I am seriously nuts about this yarn/button combination!
With a little knitting monogamy (don't laugh), this should be finished well before month's end.