Wool Tree Shawl
Designed by Christina S. Wilkins
Wool Tree Yarn is an organically dyed merino and cashmere blend,
fingering weight yarn, found exclusively at Lucky Ewe Yarns in Gruene, Texas.
This is a triangular shawl knit from the top of the neck down.
It features a lace edging, which is knit onto the live stitches of the body
with no seaming required.
- One skein of Wool Tree Yarn, fingering weight, approximately 450 yards
- Size US 4 needles or size needed to obtain gauge
- Stitch markers, waste yarn, and tapestry needle for life lines
- Blocked, the shawl is approximately 24 inches down the center spine with a wingspan of 48 inches
- 24 sts/4 inches and knit flat in stockinette
Wool Tree Yarn is a new line being launched by Lucky Ewe Yarns in Gruene, Texas. With the introduction of this new line, Wool Tree Yarn is attempting to revive a lost industry in Comal County. New Braunfels was once a huge producer of cotton. Comal Cotton and Pepperill Mills milled yarn and produced garments and fabrics for years. The goal of Wool Tree Yarn is to recreate a small portion of that local heritage and create locally farmed, milled, and dyed yarn. Chris Parker is an expert dyer who uses only native plants, bugs, bark, and seed to create the amazing colors for this line, the old fashioned way, over an open flame.
Wool Tree Shawl is available exclusively through Lucky Ewe Yarns in a kit, until April 1, 2013 when it will be released to the general public. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or give them a call at 830-620-0908.