Meet Luke!


He is a vintage green glass head.

The story begins, as it often does, with one of my daughters spying something in a yarn shop that she might like to have.


In this instance, it was a beret pattern:  Koigu Beaded Beret by Churchmouse Yarns and Teas.

Of course, with any interest from my nearest and dearest, I bought the pattern, along with the yarn and beads she selected, and carefully tucked them all away.  That was three years ago.

In need of a simple and quick project, I rooted around my stash and only just discovered them again.  Two days later, we had a beret.




Yarn:  Liberty Yarn Sockenstein in "Montol."


She was delighted or as delighted as a thirteen-year-old girl gets.  Moreover, she expressed that these might make nice Christmas gifts for a few of her friends...


  Yarn:  Spud & Chloe Fine in "Snorkel"

 



Yarn:  Abstract Fiber Temptation in "Springtime."





Yarn:  Wool Candy Meringue Merino Sock (I have no idea the color...I lost the band...)



Yarn:  Blue Ridge Yarns Footlights in "Dragon's Breath."


The pattern is lovely and easy, probably a two or three hour knit.

Even better, Luke did not complain about not using his "good" side, re-takes were not an issue, and he had no difficulty holding perfectly still as I fiddled with the head gear.

A good head is really hard to find.



Comments

Popular Posts