Breckon


Breckon is the first finished project of 2015!!

YAY!

Pattern:  Breckon by Amy Christoffers
Yarn:  Yarn Carnival High Wire 3-ply in Amaranthine

The pattern is extremely well written and easy to follow.  The lace and textured stitches are easy and stunningly beautiful!  As far as knitting goes, it was a fairly easy knit...there was just a great deal of knitting as this was light fingering weight yarn.

The sleeves, which I started with, were knit well within a week.

As the body is knitted with the back and both fronts combined, it was a bit of slog to get to 16" under the arms where the fronts were finally separated from the back.  From there, both fronts took an afternoon to complete, and the back another evening or two.

This actually came of the needles Friday night, and I gave all the pieces a lovely long soak and blocked them. They dried overnight.

Saturday morning, I seamed the shoulders and attached the sleeves.  That probably took about an hour, hour and a half.

However, the button bands and collar took the rest of the day to complete.

Instead of just steaming the additional knitting, I went ahead and soaked in all again, as I realized I needed to block it a bit more aggressively to fit me.

It was even more beautiful after the second blocking as the lace popped dramatically.




The yarn is beautiful.  It bled both times I soaked it, but the color does not appear to have noticeably dimmed.

The fabric is light and squishy with a good bit of warmth.  Perfect for layering.

I love it!

Comments

Feisty said…
Thank you, Martine!

;)

Happy New Year!

Popular Posts

Instagram