Novelty

Hello from a very wet South Texas!

I know it has been a while since I last posted, but I hope to remedy that in the weeks to come.

First off, my loom has suddenly become available (more on why later).

While visiting my local yarn shop (Lucky Ewe Yarns) a few weeks ago, one of the owners (designer extraordinare Benjamin Matthews) had a very simple woven scarf on display using this crazy novelty yarn from Universal Yarns called Bamboo Bloom Handpaints. To be honest, novelty yarns typically are not my thing, but the thick and thin bulky weight with the explosion of colors in a simple plain woven scarf really got my attention.


So, armed with a stash skein of Civlity Sport (70% merino and 30% mulberry silk) from Elemental Affects in Hibiscus (this yarn was in my swag bag from the Hill Country Retreat I attended in late February), and drove over to Lucky Ewe and asked Ben to tell me how he did the scarf and help me pick out a color to work with the Hibiscus.




This is what we came up with:  Color 313 Kanji (love the name!).  The solid Hibiscus will be the warp and the Kanji will become the weft.

Wish me luck!

Comments

Unknown said…
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. See the link below for more info.


#free
www.ufgop.org

Popular Posts