Eight and Done!

A little over a year ago, on April 17, 2016, I bought the Macomber Beast. We picked her up on April 24, 2016, and brought her home. While she came with four harnesses, she had room for ten.

On December 18, 2016, the handsome husband added harnesses five and six for me.

Today, he added harnesses seven and eight:


I don't think there will be a ten.

There are tons of patterns for four-shafts and eight-shafts, but relatively few for ten. Thus, I think the law of diminishing returns applies, and I cannot justify the cost of two more for negligible gains.  If she were a twelve or sixteen harness, I might consider it.

However, I could not be more pleased with the eight!

We spaced the new treadles between the old ones to help me keep track of where I am in the pattern. I typically use the outermost ones for tabby.

Tomorrow, one of my good friends comes over for a warping tutorial. The Beast will be dressed with the makings of a blanket for my sister!

YAY!

Comments

Popular Posts