A Surprise!

A friend of mine and her family have been living the life in Paris the last couple of years.

While there, they have taken full advantage of all the travel opportunities.

When I visited with her a couple of months ago, she said they were off to Scotland, and I told her how much I envied her, as Scotland (and Ireland) are definitely on my list of places to visit.

Her older daughter just graduated from UNT (University of North Texas), and she was back in the state briefly for that wonderful event.

The funny lady texted me that Sunday and said: "Happy Mother's Day!! What do you have planned for the day?"

I responded: "Hey!  Happy Mother's Day! We have friends visiting from Saudi. How about you? Congratulations to you and (daughter)!"

That was the end of the conversation.

A short while later, she was standing at my front door with a package for me:


Just WOW, no?

Not only did she nail the colors, it was handwoven in Scotland!!

The pewter shawl pin gilds the lily, too.

Bless her.

I am thrilled.

Comments

Popular Posts