Marathon Knitting


A front, a back, and TWO SLEEVES!

I was determined to get this done.

Friday afternoon, I committed myself to finishing the first sleeve.

Saturday morning brought a migraine with it (AARRRGGHHHH), but after the Imitrex kicked in, I was able to do some knitting. By late afternoon, the first sleeve was finally complete!!

I cast on the 41 stitches for the second sleeve, but I did not have it in me to continue. 

Instead, I broke ranks, set up the wheel and spun for a little while before bed.

The lovely green from CreatedbyElsieB was soothing and restorative. It is called "Chrysalis." I slept so well that night.


The head was clear and free of pain Sunday morning!!

I hesitated to return to the spinning, so I recommitted myself to the knitting. It was overcast with more rain in the forecast. Perfect knitting weather!

By nine last night, I realized I was within 8 rows of finishing.

Oh!

Yes, an entire sleeve can be knitted in one day!

The ends still need to be woven in. The pieces will be soaked and blocked this week with seaming sometime in the near future, but I think a bit of spinning is now on my agenda.

The green will be paired with this, also from CreatedbyElsieB named "Tea in the Garden." Both are polworth.



Speaking of marathons and, as an afterthought: The pieces of the sweater weight 590 grams. I held two strands of light fingering weight yarn double. The Wasonga is 493 yards per 100 grams. So, that is 2,908.7 total yards, which is also 1.65 miles.

Thus, I knitted 1.65 MILES of fingering weight yarn for this sweater.

How cool is that?

Comments

Popular Posts