Nirvana

Over the past few months, I have not spent much time at the wheel. My focus was on weaving and finishing up holiday towels, as well as baking Kahlua and Amaretto cakes for gift giving; however, a couple of days prior to Christmas, I decided to take a break and relax with a bit of spinning.

This was the end result, 415 yards of sport weight yarn:



The colors are delightful and unexpected, as I used two different colorways.

The first was this merino bamboo called Birthday Cake:


I paired it with these greens in Corriedale called Myths and Legends:

I was not sure how well they would work until I plied them:


This is actually one of my favorite hand spun yarns now, even though I was a bit rusty and spun parts of it too tightly.

I really enjoyed getting back to the spinning though, especially as the husband treated me to the new spinning chair from Spinolution:


Although, I opted for the one without the heart cutout in the front. I preferred the clean lines better, as the heart made it look "country" to me, and that is not my aesthetic.


What a huge difference it makes!

The chairs I had been using left me with back discomfort and spasms when I sat for more than half an hour or so.

Once he adjusted it to fit me with the back legs one notch lower than the front, I had no problem spinning for an hour at a time. No more pain!

Next up are these merino tops from Bluefoot Market in Bloom:


and Swirly pants:



Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

Looking forward to ringing in the New Year!


Comments

Susan said…
These are beautiful together! What project do you have in mind for it? As always, enjoy your posts and all the details you share. Your blog has been a wealth of resources for me for weaving and spinning. Thank you - Happy New Year to you and yours! Susan (Fredericksburg,TX)
Feisty said…
Hi Susan!

I actually have no specific project in mind, but it will probably become a knitted hat or a woven cowl!

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I so appreciate your thoughts.

AND, I am not that far from you in New Braunfels!

Happy New Year!

Popular Posts