Seeing Double


A funny thing happened.

On a Sunday evening at nine, I won the eBay bid for the little Leclerc 15 3/4-inch table loom.

The next morning, less than ten hours later, I opened Facebook and found someone listed a pair of the very same loom.

I was shocked, as I had NEVER run across one before.

Now, I say never, but I had no reason to search or make note of one, so it is entirely possible one slipped my attention.

The seller explained she had the pair, as it was her intention to combine the parts of both 4-shaft looms to make an 8-shaft one. One was intact with all the parts, the second was missing a back beam, reed, and handtree.

My friend, the entrepreneur, and I texted about them, more along the lines of "OMG, can you believe a PAIR of them!" than genuine interest.

At about six Monday evening, I opened Facebook again, and someone in British Columbia posted ANOTHER Leclerc 15 3/4-inch table loom.

EGADS!

That was the FOURTH one.

Were the weaving gods trying to tell me to buy them all and open a weaving school?!

No sooner had I shared the item, did I receive a link from my friend showing an eBay listing for TWO MORE of the small Leclercs.

I was dumbfounded.

However, closer inspection revealed the two eBay listings were from the same seller that had the pair of looms on Facebook.

We analyzed them thoroughly. The incomplete one was priced at almost half the other one, but a tally of what it would take to make it usable made the whole one the much better deal.

As I was crunching numbers, I received another text:  "Done."

My friend bought the loom.

I fell out.

When they both arrive and are up and running, there will be a photo shoot.

The husband, the delightful human he is, sat cheerfully in his recliner and chatted with me as all this unfolded last night.

When I told him she bought it, he laughed, genuinely laughed.

Life is good.

Comments

Popular Posts