All Business

 Well, things have been moving right along at Casa del Feisty.

Thanksgiving came and went, we took a little trip to New Orleans and Baton Rouge, the husband bought me a Jeep (SQUEE!), and a sweet friend stopped by yesterday to deliver a glorious hug and a stupendous fresh baked pumpkin roll. She also helped us move the big desk from the studio into the game room.

This means the looms are all settled in their space.

As soon as I vacuumed, I took a few quick photos. The thing that struck me the most with this configuration, which allows me to beam each of them without having to slide them around front-to-back, is that it is ALL business. Literally, the only place to sit is at one of the looms.

Here is the view from the door:


CoalBear, of course, is in the middle of everything. He may have made each of the photos.


A good friend suggested area rugs to cover the camo square tiles from this room's former life as a man cave. It was a great idea, and I even ordered two, which are rolled up in the foyer waiting to be returned. I thought I could live with a seam between the two area rugs down the center of the room, but once I arranged the looms, I realized that seam would be impractical and unsightly. 

The decision remains whether to purchase an area rug twice the size of the other two ($$$), replace the carpet tiles, or just get over it and live with the camo.


I even found a spot for the warping mill behind the door. The warping square fits nicely in front of the window without blocking the light. 


The two medium sized looms (32" and 40") are on the right side of the room, while the largest and smallest occupy the left (56" and 24").


I know! Two of the looms are actually bare!

Uncharacteristically of me, these will remain so for a few weeks, as I work on other projects. Tomorrow we go live on Facebook for the 20 pairs of tea towels for charity donations. I have about 30 cakes to bake, mail, and/or deliver. There are still 100 bars of soap to be made...


One thing I am not too thrilled about are the extension cords I had to run to the lights on each of the looms. When the backside was against the wall, they were not an issue, but when I flipped them around, I hate looking at them. However, not sliding the looms around every time I warp one of them is much easier on the loom (and me). 

Having finished two warps in this configuration, I do not have a problem weaving with my back to the wall, fortunately.




Twenty-five days until Christmas!



Comments

Popular Posts