ADHD, XX, or both?

The agenda for the day was to focus on weaving. I now have 65-plus yards of warp on the three looms for tea towels.

I have a system in place to take care of the looms as I go. Every time I pull off a warp, I dust the loom, wipe the wood with Howard’s Feed & Wax, and check the joints on the jacks and lamms to determine whether they need attention, as well as tighten the bolts that tend to give with heavy use. 

The Beast had begun to groan loudly with the last ten yards of the prior warp, so once he was cleaned up yesterday, I took a fine-tipped artist brush long forgotten from one of the kids’ paint-by-number kits, a plastic spoon, and a container of Vaseline to address it. I dipped the spoon into the lubricant and pulled out less than a teaspoon. I carried the spoon and applied the Vaseline with the brush in and around each moving metal joint.

While I had it in hand, I did the same for the other two looms. I rarely have to do this more than once a year.

I then dressed the Beast with the twill and basketweave stripes and quickly banged out three towels.




So, when I entered the studio this morning, my intent was to vacuum because all these threads shed. Whether I am weaving or warping, the action covers everything with a fine layer of lint. Collectively, it is not dissimilar from dryer lint. I am quite sure mine contains dust, too.

The vacuum upstairs is a Kenmore canister-style. Two minutes into using it. It died.

I hauled the Dyson from downstairs and made quick work of the studio and adjacent game room/office/sewing station, etc.

As I was preparing to take it back down the stairs, I spied the completed warp I had just pulled off the Beast. It was waiting to be simultaneously serged and cut.

I sighed.

That was not in my game plan for the day but cutting them apart and running the ends through the serger made a mess, which would need to be vacuumed...

So, it’s now afternoon, I just finished separating all 24 towels and securing their ends, cleaned the mess, carried the Dyson downstairs, and am ready to weave.

Finally, these are taking center stage this week:




 Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular Posts