Weaving right along...

After the tea towels, I made a quick shawl in a day, then warped for a feather light infinity scarf. Once that was done, I decided to dress the loom with another very quick shawl that took only a couple of hours to weave.

Here is the second shawl:


Again, I warped in a 8/2 Tencel in Taupe. The weft is a bulky weight from Universal Yarns Classic Shades Frenzy in "Into the Woods."  The finished dimensions are 16.5" x 81".

The lovely infinity scarf is warped in Cascade 220 fingering with a lace weight weft:  Freia Handpaints Freia Ombre Lace in "South beach." I was extra careful while weaving not to beat too hard, I wanted an airy fabric. 

This one came out really long. I will trim it a bit and expect the finished dimensions to be 11" x 70".


A small project was languishing on the Cricket (the 24" Ashford-like loom remains on loan). I warped it with fingering weight yarn and had to alternate two skeins of super bulky yarn. I had to alternate because what I thought were two matching skeins, were not actually matching skeins. They had similar colors, but one incorporated black and the other did not.  There was not enough yarn in either (only 57 yards each) to make a something, so I had to use both, which created interesting selvages.  I will leave it at that...


Warp:  The remnants of an unknown bright fingering yarn from my stash that I believe was Alisha Goes Around.

Weft: Araucania Maipo. One of the two skeins was in Cranberry Gold. I do not know what colorway the darker skein was. 

This one came out to be 8.5" x 74".

None of these have been hemmed or washed yet. That is tonight's project.

23 days until Christmas?

The gift pile is growing!!

Comments

Popular Posts