Per..Haps... I should end this now!




I read somewhere just recently something to the effect, "Don't waste your time knitting with yarn you don't like." Well, this yarn has not been my favorite. Colorwise, that is. I actually think this Hap Blanket (Ysolda's pattern) will be a weight and texture that I will enjoy cuddling under on my couch when it's cold. But the colors do nothing for me except remind me of the colors in my grandmother's den back in the early 70's.



It's mainly the greeny gold color that causes me to wince. The dark brown is not bad. And the goldy gold is not too bad either. But I would have much preferred a maroon or even a dark green turquoise instead of the greeny gold.




I can't seem to get a picture that shows the true colors of both the dark brown and the green at the same time. So this first one shows the best brown; the second one shows the truer greeny gold. (Sorry, but I can't come up with a better name for this color.) It's certainly not a spring/summer item, is it? It screams Fall! Maybe I'll like it better come about Thanksgiving - if we have an ice storm by then.


Anyway, I think I'm ready to bind off. Call it a wrap. Or a blanket. Or a Hap shawl. How 'bout a Lap Hap?

I promise my next posted project to be more exciting.

Comments

adamboysmom said…
I like it. But if you don't love it, why knit it. You know, you could always rip back and change the greenish color out for a maroon color. You really wouldn't lose that much.

I do like the title 'Hap Lap'. :)
Lolly said…
I had purchased this yarn about a year ago when I got it at a really good sale price, not knowing what I would knit with it. So I had to just make do with what I had when it came to this project. At this point, I've used practically every bit of what brown I had, all but very little of the orangey gold. I still have 4 skeins of the greeny gold and was considering knitting one more wider band of that color, followed by a very dark green. But I think I'm just going to quit here.

But I'm learning that it's much more fun to knit with yarn that you REALLY really like!
Feisty said…
I think it looks great!

; )
LauraB69 said…
That color is utterly Avocado. LOL
I can see what you mean but I STILL think it lovely. The Lap Hap it can be and lovely nonetheless.

Popular Posts