Mom's B-day sweater: CHECK!



Pattern: Ski Lodge Scoop from Twelve Months of Knitting (heavily modified as I increased the overall length, length of the bodice, widened the scoop, and knit it in the round)

Yarn: Peru Naturtex Partners Pakucho Organic Cotton in Sage, but it looks like stone.

This was the second time I used this pattern, but the first time in cotton. While it looks huge in the picture, I made the size 34 for my mother and my measurements are spot on. In the future, I will have to make sure when knitting with cotton, I choose a design with a tighter gauge. I have the feeling this one will grow considerably, although I hope I am wrong.

Mom's birthday is not until October 19th, so I have to wait a while to see whether she actually likes it, even though it was knitted to her specifications...

If anyone is looking to ease into sweater making, this might be the way to go. I started it on a Saturday night and finished it on a Tuesday night.

It would be very easy to add sleeves to this, as well.

Comments

Love it. May have to try it!

Popular Posts