Druidess Beret

While a little big for the wee head, she agreed to model it for me, anyway.  This is made for an adult and fits me perfectly, so please use your imagination.









 

Pattern:  Druidess Beret
Yarns:  Malabrigo Merino Worsted in Taureg and Madeline Tosh Merino in Black Currant

It looks like a third one is my future as Wee One just asked for a blue one in a slightly smaller size...

Great pattern (it's free too!) and very easy to do.

The only changes I made were to knit the band in Size US 4 needles and the body in US 8 needles.

Also, I worked the bobbles a little differently than the pattern suggested.  I k1, p1, k1, p1 into the same stitch, then turned my work, ssk, p2tog, then pulled the first stitch over the second one and turned work again before slipping the bobble stitch onto the right needle from the left and continuing.

I know it sounds complicated, but after the third one, it will seem easy as pie!

For those who may be counting, that means I am now down to one hat to be completed before Christmas!

Comments

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you!
Lolly said…
She looks like a French artist!
Michele said…
Love the hat and the colors!!

I'm still working on k2p2 and try to talk at the same time!! *L*
LauraB said…
"You go now!"

Look - there is simply no keeping up with you. I have no idea how you even have fingertips left.

Gorgeous, all...

Popular Posts