Cavalcade of FOs!

For the uninitiated, FO = Finished Object!   An elusive object for most of us!

This sweater was actually finished several months ago, but I never took proper pictures of it.  I have worn it a half a dozen times, so far.  The sleeves appear long here, but I cuff them and they are perfect!


Pattern:  Ribbed Diamond Pullover
Yarn:  The pattern called for Aran weight; however, I have this thing about doubling up strands, so I used two strands of fingering weight yarn:  Miss Babs Yummy in Black Cherry Monochrome and Zitron Trekking #147.


The loft and texture of the two strands of fingering weight are wonderfully cushy and warm.  Together they knit up to a perfect worsted/aran weight.  This is one of my all time favorite sweaters!

After I finished the Twisted Me sweater last weekend, I cast on for a man's vest.


Pattern: Nathan.  (Bonus!  It is a free pattern.)
Yarn:  Queensland Collection Kathmandu in Sailor

Four days later, it was finished!  Yeah, it surprised me, too.  I thought I needed one more skein of yarn (and it is being shipped...)


It is hard to make out the details, but it is a simple stockinette body knit in-the-round to the arm holes, then the back and front are knit separately flat.  The yarn is Aran weight, and knits up FAST!  It is a combination of wool and silk with a touch of cashmere.  Very Nice!  The husband promised to model it this weekend, before I wrap it up and send it on to its real owner.

Finally, a year and a half ago, I designed a sweet little cowl for one of Woolgirl's kits.  She called it the Hello Cupcake Cowl.


I called it the Fountain Cowl.



Originally, it came it two sizes, the pink is slightly smaller than the blue.

Well, in preparing to release the design to the public, I decided to offer it in two fingering weight sizes (as seen above), as well as a nice worsted weight size.



Pattern:  Fountain Cowl (soon to be released)
Yarn:  Pink (Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Pale Pink), Blue (Yarn Daze Water Colors in Fountain), Green (Malabrigo Merino in Verde Esperanza)

While not yet a full fledged FO, I had to sneak in my current WIP (Work-In-Progress).


Pattern: Ayana
Yarn:  Madelinetosh Tosh DK (one of my favorite yarns on earth!) in Cove

All that remains are the sleeves, and one of them is 75% complete.  I am hoping to have this one done by the end of the weekend.

Football season means copious amounts of knitting time!

Are you ready for some football?!

Comments

Lolly said…
Finishing objects isn't half as hard as photographing and posting them! You do a wonderful job of it.
Feisty said…
Thank you, Lolly!

You do a much better job at photography than I do!

; )

Popular Posts