Sweater Girls!


Finally!

We have modeled shots!


First up is Sydney in her Audrey in Unst by Gudrun Johnston.  As I have mentioned before, I am verily impressed with Ms. Johnston's pattern writing abilities, as well as her designs.  The instructions were clear and made knitting this an absolute pleasure.  Of course, using Madelinetosh sport in Curiosity did not hurt, either!  The yarn is a dream!


The fit was perfect!  After taking her measurements, I noted all the numbers were spot on for size 34", except for the bust; however, a little negative ease did not frighten me, as I thought she could always wear it with a camisole and leave the first few buttons undone.  Besides, she had requested something fitted.


The sleeves were done from the top-down with picked up stitches around the arm hole.  The sleeve cap was created with wraps and turns.  The only placed where I deviated from the pattern was in the wraps and turns.  The instructes stated the wraps should not be picked up, but I just could not make myself not pick them up.  So, I did. I love the finished look with the picked up after-thought sleeves.

I am also pretty pleased with how far my finishing work has come.

Next up:  OWLS!


As I have posted before, a couple of months ago, Elizabeth discovered the OWLS sweater I knit for her older sister in 2009.  It fit her perfectly and she loved the warmth of it.

The original was done in Rowan Cocoon, a bulky blend of merino and mohair.  It was a loose ply that was fine to knit with; however, Sydney found it slightly itchy.  Elizabeth did not have a problem with it, but I had some Berroco Vintage Chunky in my stash and her sister wanted her sweater back, itchy and all.  While I was not sure I was going to like the blend of acrylic, wool, and nylon, it was not bad to knit with and the color was gorgeous.  More importantly, the darling daughter loved the color and gauge was spot on.

This knit up quickly and fit perfectly.  I went up a size to give her a bit of room to grow, but other than that, the only other change I made from the first was the placement of the single pair of eyes.


Both sweaters were a success!

I hope they are worn for many years to come.

YAY!

Comments

Feisty said…
Thank you, Allison!!

; )

Happy New Year!
DeenieWeenie said…
Wanna adopt me? I'd love a sweater made by my Feisty friend....or a bag.... heehee

LOVE the sweaters and the girls get prettier every time we see them.

Miss you
xoxoxo

Popular Posts