Confessions of a Crazed Knitter

It must be the weather.

Instead of the mid-to-high 90s, it has been lovely and cool in the high 70s and low 80s.  We even have much needed rain in the South Texas forecast! The perfect knitting weather, no?

I have no less than six different sweaters on the needles and a dozen more I would like to knit. I am currently fighting the urge to cast on for ALL of them.

Then there are a number of shawls, scarves, and wraps in various stages of completion, if one is looking at the glass half full, that is.

Last weekend the lovely Lizzy from Vice yarns came for dinner and a visit.  Today and tomorrow she will be promoting her amazing wares at the Lucky Ewe in Gruene, Texas.  Earlier this morning, I popped in to see her and all the other wonderful yarny goodness on display for the Hill Country Yarn Crawl.  I walked out with a limited edition colorway called Austin in her fingering weight Paradigm:



Isn't it stunning?

I love the interplay between the pink and brown.

As soon as I got it home and photographed it, I knew exactly what it wanted to be.


Paired with a dark brown skein of Malabrigo sock yarn in Chocolate Amarto, it will be an Ulmus scarf by Kirsten Kapur.  The pattern actually comes in three sizes, the small scarf, a smaller shawl or large shawl. (There is also a triangular shawl in this pattern, too.)

Ashamedly, I actually started this scarf in December 2009...


I have no idea why I never finished it, I love the dark blue Malabrigo sock (Cote d'Azur) with the Summer Berries Colinette Jitterbug.  

Would it be totally irresponsible to cast on another one before this one is complete?

At least, I am trying to refrain from going back to Lucky Ewe and buying enough of the Vice Paradigm in Austin to make a large full sized shawl out of it.



Comments

Popular Posts