Zara Cowl - a Free Pattern!


On Friday, I was in my local yarn shop, the lovely Lucky Ewe in Gruene when I spied a couple of skeins of Malabrigo Gruesa.  One was a dark deep purple (Purple Mystery), and the other was a variegated pink (Hollyhock).  I picked them up, petted them, then put them back because I don't normally knit with super bulky weight yarn, and I had no idea what to do with them.

Apparently, they had enchanted me enough to dream about them Friday night.

At noon on Saturday, I popped back into Lucky Ewe and bought them.  Three hours later, I had a finished cowl.  Zara is her name.

What I find so delightful about this cowl are the transitions between the contrasting colors and the zippity quickness she can be knitted up into a relatively inexpensive gift.  

Seriously, in one sitting I had a pattern written and a cowl knitted that cost me about $20.

In fact, she an be gifted in two ways: knitted up or as a lovely kit.  

If a scarf is what you had in mind, just double the yardage and repeat the pattern while omitting the buttonhole.

Moreover, the pattern is free!

Merry Christmas to you!


Zara Cowl

Designed by
Christina S. Wilkins







Materials:
  •       2 skeins of Malabrigo Gruesa Super Bulky merino (65 yards each) in contrasting colors: Purple Mystery (A) and Hollyhock (B).
  •     Size US 15 (10 mm) needles
  •     One 1.5” button


Gauge:
  • 12 sts/4 inches in Linen Stitch pattern


Finished Size
  • 6" wide and 40 inches long
The free pdf is available here!

Comments

Popular Posts