A little Earl Grey in the morning


This project was started in April of last year.  While the pattern is well written and the design is clever and easy, I don't know why I didn't finish this up much sooner.  After casting on and knitting top-down until I reached where the sleeves were divided, I put it down until December.  When I next picked it up, it took three days to knit the whole of the body from the arm holes down.  Again, I put it away.  On Friday, I returned to it and knit the first sleeve.  Yesterday, I knit the second sleeve, and the entire thing was done.

In all, there was probably less than two weeks of knitting in the whole project.

My only modification was to make the sleeves three-quarter in length.  This is a light-weight cardigan/jacket, and shorter sleeves seemed to be the way to go.

Overall, a lovely, lovely knit!

Pattern:  Jaquetta Cardigan by Julliana Lund
Yarn:  Madelinetosh Sport in Earl Grey.  I used approximately 5.5 of the 9 skeins I had or 1,485 yards. Due to the hand-dyed nature of the yarn, I did alternate two skeins throughout most of the body.

While this design resulted in a more fitted sweater than I normally wear, I don't anticipate buttoning all of the buttons or maybe none of the buttons.  I am currently looking for more patterns calling for sport weight yarn, the light feel of the fabric is just perfect for South Texas!

Happy Knitting!

Comments

Popular Posts