Retreat Spoils!

This past weekend I had the pleasure of attending the first ever Knitting in the Hills Getaway in Wimberley, Texas!

Romi (Rosemary Hill) and Ann Budd were the rockstar knitting teachers. Laura Zander of Jimmy Beans Wools was also there, she is adorable! My dear friend Elizabeth Inman of Vice Yarns was proudly displaying her wares. The event was hosted by Hill Country Weavers of Austin, Texas and coordinated by the incomparable Miss Cindy!

Within five minutes of arriving, I walked past the market place they had set up on my way to my Treehouse room and bought several cones of my favorite Habu Tsumugi Silk in color #48:


These will become yet another Insouciant by Julie Hoover.


The yarn acquisition did not stop there, either.  On the first night of the event, I even won a prize!


This lovely pair is from Shibui Knits. The one of the left is Silk Cloud and the one of the right is Baby Alpaca. Together, they were accompanied by a pattern called Mix No. 6, a casual slouch-hat style.


Before the weekend was done, a lovely color of Amaranthine by Yarn Carnival kept calling my name. As soon as I bought them, I knew they were destined to become Breckon by Amy Christophers.  I swatched and even cast on for a sleeve almost the second I got home.



If you have a chance to participate in next year's Knitting in the Hills Getaway, I encourage you to go.  I know I will be there!


Comments

katie metzroth said…
Thanks for the tip! I'll be keeping an eye out for it. Love that sweater! Can't wait to see it in all its glory. :)
Feisty said…
Me, too, Katie!

; )

Popular Posts