Weaving with Lola



Back in early November, a new acquisition or member of the family was made.

She was missing a couple of key components, and as soon as she arrived, once measurements were made, the parts were ordered.

This is what she looked like:


While we waited, I dressed her in new aprons and painted some of her metal.

 



Then, she received new inserted eye heddles.

I also prepared a warp for place mats.


When I had her back together, I beamed the warp and threaded the heddles.


For the next few weeks, we waited.

The parts had to ship from Leclerc in Canada to the Woolery in Kentucky before making their way to south Texas.

However, while they were supposed to arrive on Monday, they actually arrived this afternoon.

And, they fit perfectly!

It took me half an hour on the patio to sley the reed and lash onto the apron rod.




In no time, I was weaving away on these place mats.



I loved the colors in the warp, but I was unsure how the burgundy weft in 8/8 cotton would work.

They are perfect!

These I am keeping for my kitchen table.

Yay!

Comments

Popular Posts