Planning

 As the year winds down into the next, I have been looking ahead at what my hopes are. I am cautiously optimistic. 

2020 was a banner year in the weaving department. There were wool overshot blankets, real bath towels, hand towels, baby blankets, baby wraps, sarong fabric, duvet fabric, and over two hundred tea towels! 

Not to mention, a multitude of dyeing.

Yowza!

Here are some of the projects that jumped out at me, as I perused my photo feed:

That type of production is not likely to be exceeded any time soon.

However, I do have a healthy list of things I would like to tackle in 2021. Here is the short list in a screen shot of the top of my queue:


There were quite a few engagements this year. Although, I am unaware of any actual wedding dates, I thought I should begin project planning...

At the moment, two of the four floor looms remain empty, I am approximately half-way through a thirty-one yard warp of baby wraps, and I have barely begun a thirteen yard warp of tea towels. 

The baby wraps are the priority.

This is the end of the first in dark purple and the beginning of the second. The extra wide cut line gave me a glimpse of what a white weft would do.


Here is the center of the second wrap with a lighter green to mark the middle.


These are the tea towels languishing on the 40" Evangeline. When these are complete, she will have two additional harnesses and treadles installed for a total of eight harnesses and ten treadles.


In the meantime, the plan is to quietly coast into the new year...

Best wishes to all!



Comments

Popular Posts