Stamina





Oversized with a light, bouncy feel, this sweater is all that!

With the change in gauge and going up two sizes to compensate, the sweater fits, although the vee is a bit lower than I anticipated. However, a camisole or tee under it will be more comfortable for me. The generous size allows for layers, anyway.

The knitting was actually completed ten days ago, but it has taken me this long to sit down and seam it.

I actually thought it would take a couple of hours, but it took TWICE that long...

This sweater has been a lesson in stamina from start to finish.

The pattern was easy and very well written. That was not the problem.

The yarn was a dream with a lovely hand. That was not the issue.

I was the issue. I am just not that into knitting anymore.

And, knitting takes a lot of time.

I have to laugh whenever someone tells me how much they would love for me to knit them a sweater or offer to bring yarn for me to knit something for them.

I have even had other knitters ask if I would knit them something because I am "so much faster" than they are.

That does not mean it does not take time.

Further, I do not understand why other people think their time is so much more valuable than mine.

The assumption appears to be they are doing me a favor by offering to allow me to make something for them.

Hmmm. No.

This sweater probably has 40-plus hours of my time in it, not including the four hours it took to seam it.

The entire time I worked on this, I kept thinking how lovely the sweater was going to be, but I also had the feeling this might be the last one I ever knit.

With all the other things I do, I have decided the cost-benefit to knitting is no longer there for me.

Knitting is wonderful and hand-knitted items are beautiful, but the reality for me is that I probably spent more time creating this sweater than I will ever spend wearing it.

While South Texas is presently enjoying a week-long cold front with temperatures in the 50s, next week, we will return to the 70s again.

Pattern and yarn information here.


Comments

Popular Posts